Select and use a basic print or electronic/ online information retrieval tool to match an information need or answer a reference question; Demonstrate effective search strategies (Boolean, keyword, and other) for using various electronic resources.
Search skills are the most important skills that library professionals can have, especially now that everybody believes they have them. Included among the examples below are the materials I created for a program intended to teach boy scouts search skills.
- Online Database Worksheet
- Searching and ILL Worksheet
- Webelos Library Scholar Search Handout
- Webelos Library Scholar Search Program Flyer
- Search Engine Evaluation
- Review of Article Discussing Google’s Effect on Patron Expectations